You are here:
ArcGIS Image Server
ArcGIS Image Server Clients
Image Server Viewer
You can view an image service created by ArcGIS Image Server using various client applications. Using these client applications, you can connect to the Image Server from your desktop to view and modify the image services. The various client applications supported by ArcGIS Image Server include
- ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 and 9.2 (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGlobe)
- Image Server Viewer
- AutoCAD versions 2000, 2000i, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007
- MicroStation 8.05
Each client application accesses and works with the image services in a similar manner. This Help document will discuss accessing and working with image services with the Image Server Viewer. The Image Server Viewer is installed, by default, with each of the client applications. For Help documentation on other clients, you need to install those clients.
You can use the Image Server Viewer to:
- View image services, service properties, and associated metadata.
- Explore image data by panning and zooming.
- Access the information about the service processes that are used to generate the image data and save an extract of image data with associated metadata.
- Modify image service properties, such as the mosaic method, spatial reference system, resampling method, transmission compression, and background color.
- Save the image data to your disk by specifying the extents and pixel size to be exported and the file format in which it should be saved (such as TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, and PNG). The maximum volume (and extent) of image data exported, is controlled by the administrator of the image service.
The Image Server Viewer is compatible on either the Windows ® NT, 2000, or XP operating systems. For information on developing additional client applications, see the ArcGIS Image Server Developer Guide.
Learn about Image Server Viewer limitations
Please visit the Feedback
page to comment or give suggestions on ArcGIS Desktop Help.
Copyright © Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.