You are here:
ArcGIS Image Server
ArcGIS Image Server Clients
Image Server AutoCAD Client
You can view an image service using various client applications supported by ArcGIS Image Server. Using these client applications, you can connect to the ArcGIS Image Server from your desktop to view and modify the image services. The various client applications supported by ArcGIS Image Server include
- ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 and 9.2 (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGlobe)
- Image Server Viewer
- AutoCAD 2000, 2000i, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008
- GeoMedia Professional 6
- MicroStation 8.05
Each client application accesses and works with the image services in a similar manner. This Help document will discuss accessing and working with image services with the AutoCAD client. You can use this client to:
About the Image Server toolbar
- View image services, service properties, and associated metadata.
- Explore image data by panning and zooming.
- Access metadata information and the properties of the image service, returned image, and rasters used to generate the image service.
- Modify image service properties, such as the mosaic method, spatial reference system, resampling method, compression for transmission, and background color. In some cases you may have to export the data from the image service to use it as input data for analysis.
- Save the image data to your disk by specifying the extents and pixel size to be exported and the file format in which it should be saved (such as TIFF, JPEG, and JPEG 2000). The maximum volume (and extent) of image data exported, is controlled by the administrator of the image service.
- The Image Server AutoCAD client, a plug-in tool, works with AutoCAD versions 2000, 2000i, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and vertical add-on applications from Autodesk built on the above platforms. The AutoCAD client within the application enables the user to connect to an ArcGIS Image Server and retrieve the map (image) of the extents of either a specified window or the current display, and attach it to the AutoCAD background display. The application connects to Image Server, generates the image and attaches the image in AutoCAD after georeferencing it automatically.
When you start the ArcGIS Image Server AutoCAD client, the Image Server toolbar is displayed.
This toolbar allows you to perform the common ArcGIS Image Server client tasks. The following table describes the functions of the tools on the Image Server toolbar:
Learn about ArcGIS Image Server AutoCAD client limitations
|Add Image Service
||Enables you to add an image service by opening the Add Image Service dialog box.
|Image Service Manager
||Opens the Image Service Manager dialog box, which allows you to view the properties and metadata of the image service and change some of the service properties. See Working with image services in AutoCAD.
||Refreshes the current window extents for all open and active services.
||Opens the ArcGIS Image Server AutoCAD client help.
Please visit the Feedback
page to comment or give suggestions on ArcGIS Desktop Help.
Copyright © Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.