|<LAYERIMAGE||Attribute Description Table|
type="gif | jpg | png | png8"
No Child Elements
|(r): Attribute or child element is required.|
Defines the image output file name and URL for acetate layers created using SEPARATELAYER
- When using an ArcIMS HTML Viewer, ArcIMS Java Viewer, ArcExplorer-Java Edition, or any other client using the ArcIMS Servlet Connector, the LAYERIMAGE element is restricted in an IMAGE response. The attribute file is not returned.
This restriction can be lifted by setting the property spatialServer.AllowResponsePath to true in esrimap_prop. This property file is found in the same directory as the ArcIMS Servlet Connector. For more information on the location of esrimap_prop and its properties, see ArcIMS Help.
This restriction applies only when the ArcIMS Servlet Connector is used. It does not apply when any other connector, the Web ADF for the Microsoft .NET Framework, or the Web ADF for the Java Platform is used.
- Valid only with Image Services in an ArcIMS HTML Viewer, when using the Web ADF, or other HTML implementation.
- Acetate layers as separate image output from the map can be streamed in Base64 encoded format and returned as part of the IMAGE response. This is an alternative to generating images in an output directory. The following restrictions apply:
- Valid only with Image Services. Streaming is not valid with ArcMap Image Services.
- Valid only when using the Java Connector, Web ADF for the Microsoft .NET Framework, or Web ADF for the Java Platform. Streamed images are not supported with the ActiveX, ColdFusion, or Servlet Connectors.
- In the map configuration file, the following line must be included in the PROPERTIES section: <OUTPUT method="stream" />.
- When creating an Image Service in ArcIMS Administrator, the Directory Location and HTTP Location must both be filled out. A dummy location can be used rather than pointing to an actual directory.
- In an IMAGE response, if a legend image is streamed, the attributes file and url are not included and are not required.
Attribute Descriptions for LAYERIMAGE
Back to top
|file||Full pathname and filename for location of acetate layer image. UNC pathnames are valid (\\myComputer\arcims\output).|
|id||This id is the same id set in SEPARATELAYER during the request.|
|type||Returned when OUTPUT method="stream" in a map configuration file for Image Services. Valid only when the Java Connector, the Web ADF for the Microsoft .NET Framework, or the Web ADF for the Java Platform is used.|
|url||URL used by client to retrieve acetate layer image.|
Examples for LAYERIMAGE
Back to top
|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>|
<ENVELOPE minx="-94" miny="32" maxx="-73" maxy="46" />
<OUTPUT url="http://washoe/output/crayola_i_washoe12725764396.png" />
<LAYERIMAGE url="http://washoe/output/crayola_i_washoe12725764397.png" id="myscalebar" />
Search code: @arcxml_LAYERIMAGE