Used inApplication Server Administration
Parent elementsApplication Server Administration
Administers ArcIMS services from the command line.
- ADMINCMD is used to administer ArcIMS services from the command line. To do this, two files are used:
- An ADMINCMD XML file
- A batch file or script
The ADMINCMD XML file contains the instructions for adding, starting, stopping, and removing ArcIMS services. See the examples for proper construction of an ADMINCMD XML file.
On Windows, the batch file contains one line:
<jre directory>\java.exe com.esri.aims.admincore.cmd.Exec http://mymachine.domain.com Username Password file filename
- <jre directory>\java.exe is the location of a java.exe file. If the directory path has spaces, you must use quotes, for example, "C:\Program Files\arcGIS\ArcIMS\Jre\bin\java.exe"
- http://mymachine.domain.com is the host machine.
- Username is the user name for ArcIMS administration.
- Password is the password for ArcIMS administration.
- Filename is the full pathname and name of the ADMINCMD XML file, for example, c:\arcims\axl\admincmd.xml.
- Note: the parameter "file" must be included before the filename.
The above command can also be typed on the command line in lieu of using the batch file.
On UNIX, a script file is used. In the following example, note that the line beginning with "java -cp" is all one line:
setenv JARHOME $AIMSHOME/Manager/lib
setenv AIMSHOST $argv
java -cp $JARHOME/jaxp.jar:$JARHOME/parser.jar:$JARHOME/esri_mo10.jar:
$JARHOME/jcert.jar:$JARHOME/jnet.jar:$JARHOME/jsse.jar:$JARHOME/arcims_resadmin.jar com.esri.aims.admincore.cmd.Exec http://$AIMSHOST Username Password file $argv
- $argv is the hostname.
- $argv is the name of the ADMINCMD XML file, for example, admincmd.xml.
- Username and Password are the username and password for ArcIMS adminstration.
- Note: the parameter "file" must be included before $argv.
Attribute Descriptions for ADMINCMD
Back to top
|version||Specifies version of ADMINCMD statement.|
Examples for ADMINCMD
Back to top
|<?xml version="1.0"?> |
<SERVICE type="stop" name="world_image" />
<SERVICE type="remove" name="world_image" />