Sends a request to the Extract Server. Layers are extracted into shapefile format and placed in a zip file.
- Only vector data sets can be extracted. This includes shapefiles and ArcSDE layers. The layers can be extracted from an ArcIMS service or from dynamic vector layers in the GET_EXTRACT request. Image and acetate layers cannot be extracted.
- Only X and Y values are extracted to the shapefile. Z and M values are not extracted.
- Valid only with Image Services.
- See EXTRACT for response.
- In order for GET_EXTRACT to work on an Image Service, the map configuration file must have at least one layer that includes an Extract EXTENSION. For example:
<EXTENSION type="extract" >
<EXTRACTPARAMS clip="true" />
- In order to add new map layers dynamically in a GET_EXTRACT request, MAP must be set to dynamic in a map configuration file.
<MAP dynamic="true" />
- Extract requests must be routed to the Extract Server. This routing information is contained in the URL sent to the ArcIMS site such as in the following example (all one line):
- When data is extracted and placed in zip files, these files have the potential to be very large depending on the number of layers and the number of features in each layer. By default, there is no size limit on zip files. You can set a limit in the Extract Server configuration file (aimses.cfg) located in <ArcGIS Installation Directory>\ArcIMS\server\etc on Windows or $AIMSHOME/server/etc on Unix and Linux. For more information, see the ArcIMS Help.
- For more details on using GET_EXTRACT and EXTRACT, including additional examples, see Using GET_EXTRACT and EXTRACT.
Examples for GET_EXTRACT
Back to top
|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>|
<ENVELOPE minx="-130" miny="30" maxx="-90" maxy="60" />
<LAYERDEF id="Ocean" visible="true" />
<LAYERDEF id="Countries" visible="true" />
<LAYERDEF id="States" visible="true" />
<LAYERDEF id="Provinces" visible="false" />
<LAYERDEF id="Cities" visible="true" >
<ENVELOPE minx="-120" miny="40" maxx="-100" maxy="60" />