You are here:
Getting started with Network Analyst
The Network Analyst toolbar provides you the commands for creating new analysis layers, tools for working with those analysis layers, and tools to work with and build network datasets.
- The Network Analyst drop-down menu provides you with commands for creating new analysis layers for route, service area, closest facility, origin-destination cost matrices, or vehicle routing problems.
- You can open or close the Network Analyst window with the Network Analyst Window button, and show directions with the Directions button.
- You can create new network locations for use in network analysis with the Create Network Location tool.
- You can select or move network locations using the Select/Move Network Location tool.
- You can compute the analysis using the Solve command.
- You can choose the network dataset you want to work with as well as the command to build the network dataset, and there is a tool that allows you to browse through the sources along a network dataset.
- You can change various default options, such as color, for selected records from the Network Analyst drop-down menu.
Please visit the Feedback
page to comment or give suggestions on ArcGIS Desktop Help.
Copyright © Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.